Thursday, June 7, 2012

June Update!



Hello, everyone!  The following is from my June newsletter.  If you haven't signed up, why not do so, now?  You can either text BARBMALLON at 22828 or...



Hoping you're having a wonderful week.  It's been nice and cool here in Northern Virginia, but apparently we're getting some HOT weather this weekend.  Ah well.  :)

What's new here, you ask?  Lots of news! I've been trying to be much better about my blog and adding interesting things.  I'm about to start blogging on my diet and exercise regiment, if for nothing else, to keep myself on track.  I'm on day 12 of very healthy eating and already feel better, but in order to lose (or as a friend says, reduce my weight by...) this ickky 20 pounds, I need to incorporate more exercise.  My daughter is getting married at the end of September, so I need to work my butt off!  I've forced myself on my elliptical and stationary bike and have been taking 30-45 minute walks per day.  Hoping it'll start to work soon!  :D  Thanks to my wonderful friend Will for the help and encouragement.  Also, if you're on "myfitnesspal.com" friend me!  It's an app for iphones/ipads, etc. and is also online.

My friend, Rob Gutro has written another book, "Lessons Learned From Talking to the Dead" and he's included me throughout it.  It's a great book and I recommend you pick it up!  I'm also in another friend's book, "The Girls Ghost Hunting Guide" - check them both out when you have a chance!


I also had to get... ugh... progressives as I was sick of having 5 pairs of different strength reading glasses laying all over my house.  They are a ***** to get used to, let me tell you, and I think I'm going to have to upgrade from the "standard" lenses to the better ones, even if that means hearing an "I told you so" from the salesman I bought them from.  At least they're cute Ray Bans.  Ha!


I am not sure about where I'll be conducting my in-person sessions yet, as I just officially ended my contract with Regus.  They were just too unprofessional for me to deal with anymore, so I'll be moving at the end of August.  I will keep you up to date!


For all of you who have asked and asked about my Psychic Development Workshop, it's NEXT WEEKEND!  Please don't hesitate if you want to sign up.  There are three seats left!

All the fur babies are fine... Maggie is her same sweet pain in the butt (she figured out how to back out of her harness, ugh), and Sadie is getting a little older and more mellow.  We have Rocky raccoon come by every night and there's always a little turf war (hissing and yelling) between Rocky and the other raccoon "Gimpy" (he/she has an unusable back leg).  Our possums make an appearance every once in a while and our family of squirrels are all around still.  Fiona and Snickers both love to jump up on our kitchen screen as if to say "WHERE ARE MY PEANUTS, WOMAN?"

Here's today's food/workout diary:

20 mins elliptical
biceps curl - 5 sets, 10 reps, 2lbs
lateral raise - dumbbell side - 5 sets, 10 reps, 2lbs
triceps extension - 5 sets, 10 reps, 2lbs
dumbbell hanging triceps extension - 5 sets, 10 reps, 2lbs
kickbacks, bent, 1 arm, dumbbell - 5 sets, 10 reps, 2lbs
walk 45 mins (later, after dinner)

banana/whole wheat toast/coffee for breakfast
spinach and avocado salad w/light ranch and flax seed
broccoli & eggwhite stir fry w/quinoa for dinner (later)
maybe a little vino and a weight watcher ice cream bar… we'll see. :D



Have a great evening!
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment